How to Get Google Business Profile Phone Support
Last updated: 11/13/19
DISCLAIMER: We are not Google.
Google Business Profile’ website is here: https://www.google.com/business/
***Calls to our main number or inquiries through our contact form about Google Business Profile from anyone who is not a current client WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
***We have been overwhelmed with hundreds of confused callers/emailers who think they are reaching Google. We cannot respond since our focus is on providing amazing service to our current roster of clients.
Now, onto the blog post:
It is surprisingly easy to get Google Business Profile(GBP) phone support for your listing. Just be patience since you might be on hold when calling them.
First, we’ll give you several options for getting in touch, including calling Google Business Profile, having them call you, or reaching them online through Facebook or Twitter.
Then we’ll go over some Google Business Profile listing problems they can help with.
Easy Ways to Get Google Business Profile Phone Support for Your Listing
Option 1 (no longer!): Call Google Business Profile Support / Customer Service
You used to be able to call Google Business Profile phone support to reach their customer service at 1-844-491-9665
Per their recent announcement, that is no longer possible.
Option 2: Get Google Business Profile Support / Customer Service to Call You
If the above number isn’t working, there is another option – getting Google to call you.
1. Check the Time. Make Sure it Is Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm EST.
If not, come back later. They are closed.
2. Sign into Your Google Business Profile Account
Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and click SIGN IN at the top right. Use whatever credentials you normally use to sign into Google.
You do not need to log into the account you want them to call you about.
Click on any image to enlarge it.
3. Land on One of Two Google Business Profile Screens.
Google Business Profile Screen Possibility #1
If you don’t have your Google Business Profile listing associated with the Google account you logged into, you’ll see the screen below.
Google Business Profile Screen Possibility #2
If you do have your Google Business Profile listing associated with the Google account you logged in with, you’ll a screen with a list of all of your locations (not shown).
4. Go to this Google Business Profile Help URL
5. Check that You’re in the Right Place
If you haven’t logged in as I detail above, it’s going to be a lot harder! You’ll be at the wrong screen, shown below.
I crossed it out because this isn’t where you want to be. If you get to this screen it means that you haven’t logged in, so go back and follow the steps above.
If you get to this screen, you’re in the right place:
5. Fill out the Google Business Profile Talk to a Specialist Form
Here are the questions they ask:
- What is your relationship to the business?
They want to know if you’re the business owner, an agency, or a Google Maps user.
- Describe your issue.
There are a list of problems, but if none of them fit, select “Other problem”
- Business name
- Business address
- What is the public URL for your business’s page?
To find the URL for your business, go to Google Maps at https://www.google.com/maps and type your business name where it says “Search Google Maps”
Either your Google Business Profile listing will appear by itself on the left, like below.
Or, it will appear in a list of businesses on the left, and you’ll need to click on your business in the list.
After you click on it, you’ll see a page where your business is the only one featured (like above). This is what you want.
Now, you can copy the URL.
Copy your Google Business Profile URL by putting your cursor in the box the blue arrow is pointing to below.
Select the whole URL, copy it, and then paste it into the “Talk to a specialist” form.
- How do you manage your business on Google?
They say that if you use more than one to pick your most recent. I recommend you choose the one you want to use to resolve the issue:
– Google Business Profile on your computer
– Google Business Profile on mobile
Click Next when you’re done filling out the form
5. Wait for Your Phone to Ring
Google Business Profile will call you right away, from a number that will likely look like a junk call.
Option 3: Request Google Business Profile Chat Support
Log in to Google Business Profile as explained above.
Then, go to this link.
Tip: Before filling out the form, scroll all the way to the bottom and see if chat support is available. It is not available at all hours and generally not on weekends. If chat is unavailable, this is what you’ll see. Come back during normal business hours to fill it out to request Google Business Profile chat support.
Option 4: Use Twitter
Tweet @GoogleSmallBiz (https://twitter.com/GoogleSmallBiz) for help!
Option 5: Use Facebook
Use the Send Message button on the Google Business Profile Facebook page.
Option 6: Still Need help?
We are not Google, but we may be able to help you get in touch with them and explain your situation so that you can get the help you need.
We help blog readers with Google Business Profile issues on a per-minute basis:
Pay By The Minute for our Assistance Now
This is the only way we’re able to help if you’re not a current client.
***Calls to our main number or inquiries to our contact form about Google Business Profile from anyone who is not a current client will not be returned.**
What Google Business Profile Support Can Help With
Many businesses have trouble when verifying or accessing their Google Business Profile listings. Here are some of the more common issues:
You Requested a Postcard and it Never Arrived
In many cases, verifying your listing with Google entails:
- Signing up for an account
- Giving Google your key business information (like your name, address and phone number)
- Receiving a postcard in the mail at the address you specified
- Following the instructions on the postcard, which involves navigating to the URL they specify and entering the PIN on your postcard
If you didn’t receive a postcard after several weeks, or you received a postcard but by the time you went to enter the PIN, it was expired, get in touch with Google Business Profile for help.
You Can’t Access Your Account
This typically happens when in one of a few cases:
- (Most common!) Someone who no longer works at the company used their personal or company email address to create the Google account and you no longer have access to this account to be able to receive a password recovery email.
- You created the account so long ago that you can’t remember what email address you used and therefore can’t receive the password recovery email.
- You created an account with an email address that is no longer accessible. That email address might no longer be in use for a variety of reasons. For example, if your company is now using a different domain and all the email accounts were switched over to the new domain. Without that access, you can’t receive the password recovery email.
Use the option to call them versus have them call you since you won’t be able to log in to fill out their form.
You Have a Lot of Duplicate Listings
When you have a lot of duplicates (we’ve seen as many as 8), it is much easier to call Google and have one of their customer support team help you sort through each account.
Your Listing Was Suspended
If your listing was suspended, you already filled out their reinstatement form, and haven’t heard anything, you can contact support.
Leave a Comment